In case you are not aware, Seiko has released a new series of Seiko 5 “Flieger” to replace the previous models. I had the opportunity to take a look at the black dialed version, SNKH63K1 as well as its predecessor, the SNK809K1.
Shown above is a picture of the SNKH63K1 and below is a picture of the discontinued SNK809K1 in case you have forgotten how it looks like.
Here are some differences I observed from the pictures:
- 12 o’clock marker is inverted on the SNKH63K
- Minute indexes thickened on the SNKH63K
- Hour and minute hands are different (I prefer those on the SNKH63K)
- Font size and weight of the Arabic numerals are different
- The SNKH63K has sharper lugs and its lug width is 20mm. SNK809K has 18mm lug width.
The diameter of the case remains the same as the SNK809K but the bracelet is different. The new bracelet looks nicer IMO.
Just to give you an idea of the price, the distributor has set the list price of the SNKH63K1 at $194.80 including 7% GST. Their list price for the SNK809K1 was $176.00. Price mentioned are in Singapore currency.
Both watches are photographed using cell phone at:
Hing’s Watch and Pen Centre is located at:
231 Bain Street, #01-39 Bras Basah Complex.
Singapore 180231. Tel: 63377151