When it comes to Orient divers or their non-ISO certified dive style watches, my focus is always on the 300m SAT diver or the new Mako or Hogrider. This time round, I had the opportunity to handle the Orient Dolphin, a smaller dive style watch and I am quite impressed by it.
Prior to handling the watch I always thought it is water resistant to 100m. But when I examine the dial carefully, I realized it has a water resistance rating of 200m.
This watch has a 40mm diameter (excluding crown) and 46mm lug to lug distance. Lug width is 22mm. It may not be as big as the Hogrider but it does have the same features including rotating bezel, screw in crown and 200m water resistance packed into its compact body.
There are already quite a number of reviews on this watch on the Internet so I will just list a few points I have about the watch.
- It is easy to read the time on the white dial because of the black outline on the hour markers, fat hands and red tipped second hand.
- case is very sturdy with screw in crown for maximum water resistance.
- The bezel feels a bit stiff to rotate initially but becomes easier as you go along. It is a 120-click bezel.
- There is a nice logo on the caseback that depicts two dolphins swimming in the sea. I believe this is why the watch is called Orient Dolphin.
- The bracelet is solid and nice, and it is brushed finished.
Below are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.
The ad below shows that the Dolphin can be had for SGD138.00 in Singapore. This is probably the street price and it is really affordable for a watch with 200m water resistance. Now I can understand why people recommend the Orient Dolphin whenever someone is looking for a good and affordable watch with 200m water resistance.
Orient CER1A002W featured in this post is provided by:
Authorized Orient distributor in Singapore:
483 Sims Avenue, Singapore 387555
Tel: 6273 3355 Fax: 6278 8929