Here is a recent Japan domestic Presage model that I handled. This model is powered by the 6R15 movement and comes in black and whte dial variants.
Many Seiko watches out there are considered poor man’s Grand Seiko but I think this model is really the true PMGS. Here are my reasoning:
- simple dial and case design
- uses 6R15 movement which is mainly used in Japan domestic models
- 39mm diameter which is similar size as recent automatic GS models
- long hour markers which again is similar to recent GS models
- crown at 3 and dial with date window
Below are a couple of pictures showing the salient features of this watch.
Bracelet with solid end links.
Milled folding clasp with push button lock.
Keep this watch in mind if you are looking for a poor man’s Grand Seiko.
Here’s a picture of the white dial variant, SARX013.
Diameter: 39mm excluding crown
Lug width: 20mm
Seiko SARX015 featured in this post is provided by
483 Sims Avenue,
Tel: 6273 3355 Fax: 6278 8929